Yep. Welcome to fall in Oregon. Rain doesn't stop us from anything.
I pulled out the "fall box" today and spiffed up the house a little. I am not one to go to extreme decorating lengths for every holiday. I prefer subtlety. Granted, if we had more space that might be a little bit different. In our little place too much decor just makes things feel stuffy and cluttered, leading me to a massive freak out followed by a mass exodus of stuff to goodwill.
Which means this is what we have this year:
A purchased wreath from JoAnn's about 5 years ago dolled up with burlap banner and slightly glittered ribbon. I have scrubbed this door a million times and it always looks gross in photos. I can't wait until I live somewhere I can paint my front door.
The top of our IKEA Expedit cubbies got a slight makeover. I didn't move any of the art, just took a couple small photos down, and forced it to accept a few small halloween details. Like the beaded spiders I made here and the spooky sign I made years ago.
Truthfully, I think that's enough for me this year. Do you go all out in decorating, or are you more of a simple or non-decorator? Looking at Pinterest makes me feel like I'm in the minority but I have a tendency to believe that not everyone has homes that could be photographed for Martha Stewart Living on a whim. I'm not going to lie, I truly hope one day I do, but until then this will suffice.


No comments:
Post a Comment
Tell me what you think...