Wednesday, October 9, 2013

A Normal Day

It's so weird to feel lonely in anticipation of the family being gone. Tomorrow he Hubs and Squirt take off on a fun weekend to Cali while I get to stay home with a dozen or so DIY projects, a family portrait session (which I'm crazy excited for - it's always fun to photograph truly photogenic people), a baby shower for one of my good friends, and a Canadian Thanksgiving celebration with some of my favorite people. Downton Abbey may or may not be rewatched and preggo friendly cookie dough will definitely be consumed.

It isn't until tomorrow, but I'm already feeling like the house is too quiet.

Today I subbed for the second time this school year, and I work again on Friday. It pointed out to me that my doctor's advice to stay off my feet my not be ridiculous after all and that I'm really much happier when I am busy. I also learned that chocolate is a definite necessity to have in my house at all times. At present, I am failing in this endeavor, but I plan to rectify that first thing in the morning.

By the way, did you know it is almost impossible to find chalk in this town? Walmart, Target, JoAnn's, and a few other random local locations all lack basic white chalk in their stores. How can this be? Squirt may have to lock up her sidewalk chalk while she is gone lest her mother confiscate it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think...