Thursday, January 17, 2013

Subtle Valentines Welcome

It's that time of year when I start to wish people a "Happy Hearts and Flowers Day!" which I much prefer to the many years when I wished them a "Happy Single Awareness Day!" I don't really love Valentines Day, or at least I didn't before I met my husband. He's so sweet that I'm slowly coming around to it.

It doesn't help that I don't love pink, or red, or hearts. I do love my children however, and both of them list Valentines Day as one of their favorite holidays, which means I simply must embrace it.

The Christmas wreath came down on the 14th, but only so it could be replaced with birthday balloons. Today the balloons came down and I just couldn't deal with how naked the door felt.


Keeping with my cheap, free, or recycled goals I pulled out the picture frame from my Fourth of July decor and some scraps - fabric, paper, tulle, buttons, etc. I really didn't have a plan.


Once I started playing I decided to go with a neutral palette so it wouldn't scream "PINK" or "RED" from miles away. This vintage inspired thing isn't my normal feel so it was really hard to wrap my mind around it. I still feel like it's missing a LOT, but when I try to add more I just can't live with it and keep reverting to this:


There is glitter on part of the letters making up "LOVE" in the top corner but it doesn't show up really well. It's fun to try something new, but I'm not sure about it yet. Thoughts?

1 comment:

  1. hi micha! i had no idea you blog! your project here is adorable. i always wished i was crafty...maybe if i follow your blog i can be!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think...