Thursday, December 20, 2012

Progress

I'm swimming in projects at the moment, mostly painting existing furniture to give our life a little facelift on the cheap. It all started last week when I found a desk at goodwill and couldn't pass it up. My kids are really into drawing and a desk has been on my wish list for their room for a while. In the butterfly-effect of project land, this led to finally changing to bunk beds so there was room to put the desk, rearranging whose clothes are where so we could put a different dresser in their room, and finding a home for an old bookshelf - among other things.

Needless to say, all this moving things around has me wanting to give everything a new coat of paint. I also grabbed a huge picture frame at goodwill for $3 and have great plans for it. In the back of my head I'm convinced I can get it all finished - bookshelf, dresser, frame, and dining set, both paint and poly - by Christmas Eve. One part of me is motivated, the other part is laughing. We'll see which one wins, though I'm sad to say I think I know which one it will be.

Until then, my life looks something like this:


Some painting project or another on the dining table in a disheveled living room with Ruby Gloom being watched by a sick child.

It isn't glamorous, but it's our present reality. Am I the only one who feels the need to completely revamp the house on the cusp of a major holiday? Oy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think...