Monday, December 3, 2012

Simple Rosemary Wreaths to Dress Up the Kitchen



We have actually finished our Holiday shopping! Granted, we get it easy this year since both kids are with their other parents and we decided to plan a trip rather than do gifts for each other. Still, it's nice to check it off the list! Now I sit back and watch White Christmas while spilling glitter all over. I heart Danny Kaye.

Today's project is seriously the easiest thing but I LOVE IT SOOOO MUCH. Forgive me for yelling. I just can't contain my enthusiasm.

Gargantuan rosemary bush + ribbon + sparkly snowflakes = Happy Me!


Now, I recognize that not everyone has a massive rosemary bush to hack away at when the mood strikes. We happen to be really lucky that there is one right in front of the door to our apartment. In the beginning I felt guilty chopping it up, but I figure it's better being put to use in my house or cooking than being mercilessly trimmed and left for yard scraps by Groundskeeper Willie.


See? Isn't that AweSome! I've had this little tiny sucker for about 4 years and look how tiny it is still:


When we graduate and get jobs the first thing I'm doing is planting rosemary somewhere in my yard. Ok, probably not. The first thing will be a happy dance and THEN I'll plant the rosemary.


These couldn't be easier. Cut a length of rosemary about 12-15 inches and form a loop. I've found that the younger thinner stems are more flexible, the older ones are too woody and they just snap in half. I used green embroidery floss to tie the ends and then trimmed the stray edges. Hang it from the top of your cabinets with a loop of ribbon (just tape it inside the door) and then adhere a sparkly snowflake.

The broken or otherwise random pieces of rosemary got tucked into my garland. I was hoping to smell it but I really don't.


That branch the center snowflakes are sitting on is actually rosemary.

They are so simple but I really, really adore them. Like, a ridiculous amount. They make me smile everytime I see them. This is what I was talking about when I said I'd show you how I used the snowflakes. I tried using them in more complicated arrangements but in the end, the sparkle was just right with a little bit of nature.

I'm in love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think...