Wednesday, January 23, 2013

My Favorite Way to Eat an Apple

It's one of those days. I volunteered at the school library and told the volunteer coordinator that I'd be happy to take her job. She will be moving very soon and has been looking for someone to take over and it seems I'm just crazy enough to do it. 

Grad school classes resumed for me yesterday. Right now I'm really motivated and hoping to get off to a good start. I've got big shoes to fill if I want to hold on to my 4.0 from last term, which means I'm already starting on two separate papers. 

And I've been reorganizing the bathroom. It's a crazy mess in there. How do I end up with so many products laying around when I feel I hardly buy any? 

So I vacuumed,
and washed dishes, 
and made the bed, 
the realized that it was 1:30 and I hadn't eaten anything other than a banana. 

Do you do that too? Forget to eat when you get busy? I do it all the time. There are at least a couple days a week that it's time to figure out dinner and I realize I haven't eaten breakfast yet. Then it's all I can do to avoid snarfing down every sugary instant-gratification consumable item hidden anywhere in the apartment. 

So I grabbed an apple, but not just a plain apple. I'll show you what I like to do. 

Grab a bowl, then add: 




and stir it all up!


If you like, you can add a dash of vanilla for an extra vanilla-ey punch (I usually do!) 

This is one of my favorite snacks when I'm starved, or having a major sweet tooth, or just plain want it. It's also good if you've set some resolutions to eat better. There's protein, fruit, and flavor with minimal bad stuff! 


{I use Dannon All Natural Vanilla yogurt because it doesn't have aspartame. You could use greek yogurt for major yum, but have you read the label? Wowza. With all that fat and sugar it's no wonder it's so good.}

The first time I tried this I was really surprised how tasty it is. Use a sweet apple like Fuji or Gala, and it can satisfy a sweet tooth and keep you from grabbing some peanut butter cups in the checkout line at the grocers. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think...