Friday, February 24, 2012

Pinch "Pleat" Knit Infinity Scarf

The Hubs is out of town. It's only been about 6 hours since he left and already he's called and asked "What did you make?" When I said a scarf, his reply was simply "Of course you did." Evidently to at least someone in this world I am predictable.

This project completely evolved out of another idea. I had planned on making a fringed knit scarf, but didn't think I could actually see myself wearing it. I started cutting up a shirt and the next thing I know this is what I came up with. I think it's pretty fantastic.


Start with a basic knit infinity scarf from an old tee. It was a little painful to cut this one as it's the school I worked at for the last couple years and I dearly miss it there. Fortunately, I have more than one :)


I really love the soft butter yellow color. I thought of just leaving it as it was but realized it felt a little too plain. After squishing it around in my hands and trying to picture it with a pin, I decided to do this:









Cut the thread and try it on! Seriously folks, it's pretty easy. I love it so much I'm thinking of making one for a prize at next month's Bunco gathering. I think it would look pretty dreamy with a broach or scarf pin too.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think...