I feel like I scored. Target clearance is one of my guilty pleasures in life and has been since at least high school, if not before. So many things I never knew I always needed have made their way home with me after discovery on the endcap of some aisle or another. Squirt knows the drill. We always walk behind the toy section and past the ends of each row to see if there are any glorious red "clearance" signs posted. Yesterday, while acquiring last minute Valentines Day stuff, I spotted this:
It's a little hard to tell since I used a busy background, but it's got a length of bead chain, a length of rhinestone chain, the 5 feathers, and a nice extender chain and clasp. This baby had been marked down from $12.99 to $3.88. Even better, I'd been planning on making some feather earrings but needed the findings that hold them at the tips AND I've been brainstorming a project that would need a rhinestone strand like this one. Double score. Don't you love when you find something on the cheap that fits with projects already in your head?? I sure do. Especially since I'm putting myself on a self-imposed craft spending fast. No craft spending til April 1- no fooling.
I hope I survive.
This was easy-peasy-lemon-squeezy. Using my round nose pliers (because they are the only ones I have for jewelry and I use them for everything) I opened the jump rings that held the feathers onto the necklace.
Stacked the feathers how I wanted them, and added them to an earring wire.
Then I pinched the ring closed and went to model them in the bathroom for myself. They highlight the new VS jammies The Hubs gave me for V-day quite well, if I do say so myself.
Talk about double bonus. These puppies were crazy cheap and crazy fast. Earrings comparable to these at Tar-jay are running about $8, and I like the black/white neutrality of these so much more than the crazy fake colored feathers they are selling now.
Have you ever scored something on clearance that was exactly what you were looking for? That sort of thing makes my heart happy.




No comments:
Post a Comment
Tell me what you think...