Thursday, February 2, 2012

Flower clips

My crafting Mojo has been in hiding. Squirt was sick for an entire week, the first 46 hours of which she couldn't even sit up. It was brutal, and didn't allow for much time to be creative. We did make some easy-peasy Valentines once she was feeling somewhat better that I'll share in a day or two. Now that the kidlet is doing better and I can indulge myself in some creative time I'm in the middle of one of my favorite projects EVER. It should be done this afternoon and I simply cannot wait to share it!!

During some of the requisite waiting time I made these little clips. They are so easy it seems lame to share, but they go along with the project I-can't-wait-to-finish.

Flower Clothespins


Literally, I made a bunch of fabric flowers and hot glued them to clothespins. Seriously, that's all folks.

Actually, this one was even easier because I had a bunch of fabric flowers that I'd already made sitting in a box so I just grabbed them and glued. I wanted an eclectic mix of colors and textures so I used some cotton, some jersey, and some tweed flowers. They will be absolutely perfect for their intended purpose...

Besides, sometimes a little instant gratification project is what we all need! What is your favorite quick creative outlet?

Post edit: I had a request to know how I made the flowers. Go here for a full tutorial on how I make the flowers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think...