I am a dreamer. It's been a part of me since the early days of my childhood. As a dreamer I have imagined being good at almost everything, dreamed of travels and skills and belongings and feelings - but despite all the dreaming I have always known the work that is required to truly be good at something. Like many, I often struggle to invest the time required to develop a skill I greatly desire.
There are many things on my list; baking a salted caramel cheesecake, understanding all the features on my DSLR camera and how to use them, being proficient in photoshop, and finally picking up the guitar I bought 4 years ago. Some days I imagine pursuing a career and learning greater business savvy, other days I imagine becoming a perfect bread baker or childcare leader. Mostly, I think it's the thrill of trying something new that holds my attention.
If I had to narrow it down, I'd say photography is the one. I do alright taking pictures of my friends and their kids - but I still struggle with getting the settings right for indoor low light and creative composition. If there is any skill to perfect next year, this is the one. What would you choose?
No comments:
Post a Comment
Tell me what you think...