Which means I feel no guilt if I don't do it.
It's wonderful.
The past few months have passed in the blink of an eye. I'm not entirely sure what all transpired, but I do know these things:
- I'm done with finals and have no more grad courses until fall. In fact, I only have two classes left and if all goes well with my capstone project should graduate next year. This term was killer and I count my blessings to come out of it with a 3.65 GPA. Not quite the 4.0 I had hoped for, but I'll take it.
- I've decided I'm a runner. No longer will that fact be hidden behind a shroud of loathing, instead I fully embrace the label which implies I have a much different body type than I do. What can I say? I come from a long line of pear shapes and no amount of running will change that. Intervals yesterday and then 8 miles today mean my legs are tired, but my soul is happy.
- In the last two weeks, one friend was brought dinner spontaneously, another received a beautifully decorated cake, and still one more received flowers and red velvet cookies for May day. While I was truly happy for each of them it was painful to realize all these good things were being done by others. I am craving a reconnection with the crafty/baking/doing things spontaneously for others side of myself that has been in hiding for a few months.
- As much as I hesitate to broadcast it publicly (please don't say anything to my husband!), I've been battling the emotions of infertility. The thing is, I'm not positive that I do want a baby, but I'm also not positive that I don't. All I know is that prescriptions, and blood tests, and mood swings are really getting frustrating. I'm too old to deal with all this nonsense. I'll just throw myself into my role as nursery leader and have fun playing with all my honorary babies.
- The hubs is done with all his classes forever! There's still research and teaching and preparing for comps which will all take the next two years (or three), but one part of the journey can be checked off for good. It feels awesome. It's really starting to feel like one day he'll have this PhD thing done.
- I miss my cat. Having the hubs fly to Boston the in middle of the marathon chaos was a stressful experience and I missed having something fuzzy to snuggle.
So there it is. I'm really excited for sunshine and time to get back in touch with my creative side.
Sending love and prayers your way. Life is rough sometimes and so is coming to terms with limbo/waiting/wishing/uncertainty.
ReplyDelete