Last I blogged, I mentioned that I had been battling the emotions of infertility. In a strange twist of fate, it was the very next day that I found out that I am pregnant. There is no way to describe the shock and disbelief of those first couple weeks. I literally took 14 pregnancy tests in four days because I was in such disbelief. Soon after, the fatigue hit. I spent my days sleeping way more than normal and trying not to feel too ill at the smell of cooking food. Now, I can happily say that the first three months are done and I'm getting some energy back, not to mention more able to eat. I still cry at the drop of a hat, but that's not too far different from my normal self anyway.
Needless to say, life is crazy. We've told our kids and families, and now I find myself all consumed with thoughts of how to take our little blended family into yours-mine-and-ours state as smoothly as possible. There are definitely some bumps ahead, but I think we will figure it out. I'd like to return to creativity now that I'm able to stay awake for the majority of the day. I've been back in the kitchen and it feels so good!
Enjoy your summer, I'm hoping to be back, but I know better than to make promises. :)
See you soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Tell me what you think...