I haven't been photographing my projects lately. There has just been a little too much ..... life.... to deal with for that to happen. There have been a few little things I've made, like yesterday when I made one of my owl aprons as a prize for Bunco because I didn't have anything to take. Three months ago I was asked to write up a pattern for it and though I tried yesterday, my heart just wasn't in it.
Do you ever feel like that?
Crafting is often my escape but when life is really burdening my mind I find that I'm ineffective at escaping from it.
Right now I'm struggling with helping my daughter feel loved and cherished and like she has an important place in our family. Divorce is awful for children. I have spent so many years trying to guard her emotions. She is loved dearly by me, her dad, The Hubs, a whole slew of grandparents and so many many more people but she is getting old enough to recognize that things are... different. Not bad, not excluding, but different. The Hubs is far more dedicated to parenting his little lady than Squirt's dad is and she doesn't understand why. There is a gaping hole in her heart that only her dad can fill and it breaks my heart. No matter how hard I try I just can't fix it.
So, I've been focused on emotionally rebuilding a little life instead of making things to pass my time.
Today, I'm trying to hug my child a little tighter - speak a little kinder - think a little more of others. I'll think about tomorrow when it gets here.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Tell me what you think...