Friday, October 19, 2012

Sleepless in Eugene

It happens every time the hubs leaves town. I stay up way too late watching way too much TV, then get crazy tired and don't want to go to bed alone. It seems I don't sleep well when he's not around. So I plop down one of the pillows from the back of the sofa, curl up with a fleece blanket, fall asleep to something like Everybody Love Raymond re-runs and stay there for the duration of the night. When morning comes, I feel like I've been hit by a bus. It does not make for the most restful of nights, last night especially. Squirt was crazy excited for picture day today and a sleepover tonight, so she woke up over an hour early and came to pester me in the living room.

I feel sleepy.

So I did what any normal person does when they are too tired to function: I went running.


It's hard not to when the sky is cool and cloudy, the air is filled with misty rain, and the leaves are beginning to change.


It's really surprising to me how much green there still is. There are so. many. trees. that it takes a good while for them to all change, and fortuitously they do not all change at once. We get to drink up fall for a good long while.


I had hoped to get out and play with the camera this weekend, but the Hubs took it to document Munchie's 6th birthday. I wish Squirt and I were there. Since we are not there and the camera is not here, I am stuck with only my phone. Which is actually just fine by me. Can you believe how good some phone images are?


It's so refreshing to get out into nature a bit and recharge one's batteries.


Speaking of batteries, I tried to light the house on fire yesterday by putting non-rechargeable batteries into the charger. They were in there a good few hours until I heard unexplainable crackling, thought there was a mouse somewhere, and then noticed battery acid spattering from the wall. My brain seriously goes dead when the hubs is away.


Now I am going to go push through the rest of this day weekend until the hubs returns.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think...